Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Lion Engineering Services Limited is currently recruiting for a Quality Control Inspector based In Great Yarmouth.
The successful candidate will report to the Quality Manager with the primary responsibility to provide support and assist with the day to day running of the QA department. This is a hands on role which will play a vital part in our manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate should have a Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship (or equivalent experience / qualification) and gained at least five years’ experience in a quality inspection role working within a Machine-shop environment. Be a strong communicator who is highly organised and focused attitude to on time delivery and Customer Service. Have excellent excel skills and leadership experience. Be highly analytical and methodical. This is a Full-time role, Monday – Friday with an expectation to provide cover over the weekend when required.
Main Roles and Responsibilities
* Conduct daily inspection activities such as raw materials, in-process checks and final products verification on components from our supplier base and those manufactured by Lion Engineering.
* You will need to have good experience of CMM`s, ideally Mitotoyo (MCOSMOS with a Globus/EasyCMM Operating System) as well as use of faro-arm, Trimos height gauges, micrometers and verniers, etc.
* Creation of client documentation packs.
*Familar with NDT Inspection techniques such as DPI, MPI and UT Inspections.
* Liaise with external services / certification bodies / suppliers as appropriate when necessary.
* Interpret engineering drawings and to produce Inspection Reports.
* Assist with the continual develop and maintain existing quality system(s) to ISO9001.
* Assist with and Conduct both internally and externally audits to evaluate the effectiveness of ours and our Suppliers QMS, procedures and identify and implement improvements.
* Produce reports regarding non-conformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, and quality trends.
* Analyse Internal/external complaints and performance data and escalate your findings to the relevant department to drive continuous improvement.
* Assist with and maintain our standard operating procedures , Calibration Register, forms, and documentation required for ISO 9001 certification
* Use continuous improvement techniques and initiatives to improve current quality processes This is a Full-time role, Monday – Friday with an expectation to provide cover over the weekend.